I started building a John Welsford Pathfinder in July 2008. The boat was completed in Oct, 2010.

This blog now records our use of the boat, but documentation of building the boat can be found in the archives.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

2nd sail

Took the family out today.  More wind forecast this time.  I put two reefs in the mainsail to be extra careful since the boat is still untested and the kids were onboard.  We really didn't have that much wind, mostly around 10mph with some gusts up to 20, so the the reefs were overkill.   The boat still ran around the lake nicely with a 6.4 mph maximum (according to gps)  even with that tiny reefed mainsail.  Mostly in the 4-5 mph range.

No comments: