I started building a John Welsford Pathfinder in July 2008. The boat was completed in Oct, 2010.

This blog now records our use of the boat, but documentation of building the boat can be found in the archives.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting the boat onto the trailer was last of "moving around heavy objects." I had planned on jacking up the boat onto boards supported by stacks of bricks, the way I had lowered it off of the building form, and sliding the trailer underneath, but one night of insomnia led me to realize that since my shop foundation was above ground level, I could make use of that. With careful jacking up of the front of the boat I was able to slide it onto the trailer enough to then continue working it forward until it was supported fully by the trailer bunks, and then winching it in the rest of the way.

No comments: